AS07B41
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS07B41

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tester Won't Give you a Battery Any Extra Existence.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tester Won't Give you a Battery Any Extra Existence. Empty
PostSubject: Tester Won't Give you a Battery Any Extra Existence.   Tester Won't Give you a Battery Any Extra Existence. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Q: I have a fabulous 2003 BMW Z4. The battery died twice unexpectedly because of old their age. I've been advised to examine the battery regularly, especially after 12 months. I bought a $50 battery tester so that i can check it myself almost every week. Is this is a fantastic plan in terms about battery reliability?

A: I admire your willingness to attempt the battery often, but how is testing the battery gonna prolong its life? It isn't really, but it may offer an idea of should the battery is starting to fail.

Battery life is normally somewhat unpredictable. Most automotive batteries seem to survive three to five years -- nicely according to their warranties. I don't believe a car owner can extend the relationship of a battery, but I really do believe a car proprietor can shorten battery's lifespan.

The major factors in battery life are most often environmental/ambient temperatures, state in charge, level of electrolyte, good quality of terminal connections and additionally security of battery mnt. Car owners can't keep on it from getting chilly outside, but they can influence one another factors.

If you absolutely do not want to handle a dead battery, you will find there's relatively simple answer: Replace the battery every 2-3 years. Is this often times wasteful? Yes, but until you accidentally discharge the electric battery by leaving the devices on or something very much the same, the car will frequently start.

Install a cutting edge battery. A fully accused automotive battery at space temperature should develop 12. 6 volts, give or please take a tenth or two. Double-check the battery voltage with the battery itself with are just looking for voltmeter. If it agrees with the 12. 1-volt looking at, the battery is drained. I suspect you'll see more voltage at the power, but if it's not really above 12. 3, your battery is suspect.

You will get both the battery plus alternator load tested to substantiate their performance, but the voltage readings so you see with the engine running indicate of the fact that alternator is performing generally.
Back to top Go down
https://as07b41.forumotion.com

Tester Won't Give you a Battery Any Extra Existence.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS07B41 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: