AS07B41
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS07B41

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Developing A Computer Without Truly Trying.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Developing A Computer Without Truly Trying. Empty
PostSubject: Developing A Computer Without Truly Trying.   Developing A Computer Without Truly Trying. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 pm

I didn抰 start out aiming to build a computer. My CD disk desire stopped working and I kept getting a mistake message which said, 揟his drive is just not available.? I went with the 搈y computer? file to evaluate the status of the drive on the properties but the hard drive wasn抰 listed. I then went around to the device manager to take a look the drives status it also wasn抰 listed there either.
Now I抦 not your computer whiz or computer 揼eek? but I really do have some knowledge, though limited, as to what sort of computer works. After spending literally hours trying to puzzle out what happened to great CD drive, I finally thought we would cross the line and venture inside the unknown. I took the cover off of the computer case. I had no idea what I wanted so I started tinkering around to work out if maybe something had come loose. Sure sufficiently, a cable going with the back of the MP3 player was unplugged. I plugged the cable last, put the cover lower back on, plugged in the strength cord and pushed the vitality button to fire him or her up. I was form of surprised to see that hot weather actually worked. This got me in order to wondering how hard it could be to build a computer system from scratch. I went searching on the internet to see if this has been possible, something that We can do. After reading various reports and visiting numerous web-sites I decided to test it out for.
The first step was to determine how much computer I wanted. To start with it had to end up being fast. No sense under-going all the trouble to enhance a dud. It also needed to be capable of handling massive video files, many beautiful photos, and a vast magnitude of music (songs). And finally I wanted it becoming a media center; capable about playing and recording popular music, playing and recording Cds, downloading and playing game, and capable of playing cable. I also wanted to connect an overhead projector as well as have my wall as any screen while surfing the online world. Once I decided what I desired, I started looking in the components and or parts A totally free need.

The first thing I needed was in instances, or tower. I found out that you have guide lines standardizing case that include ATX Form Factor. This is the standardized case designed in order to certain motherboards, and thus determining a layout of the within the case. I found an amazing source for the parts A totally free need, in a retail store named Newegg. Com. Although I didn抰 know it back then, I quickly found out that and a vast product selection, and extremely low competitive prices, their customer satisfaction was 搕op flight.? Yes I recommend these guys.
First at my list was the Rosewill R114A-SLV silver metal mid-tower computer case. This case included a 400w ATX 20-pin main connector power. (See photo A). Next for the list was a motherboard. My spouse and i needed an ATX Intel motherboard, (ATX meaning it will fit perfectly in this ATX mid-tower). For this I find the ASUS P5P800 Socket Testosterone (LGA775) Intel 865PE ATX Intel motherboard. It is rather powerful and affordable, along with supports Intel抯 Pentium have a look at processor? This processor holds up Hyper-Threading technology which, as outlined by Intel抯 web site 搑esults in more sound use of processor strategies, higher processing throughput, along with improved performance on today抯 multithreaded programs.? This motherboard also includes a 775 pin Land Grid Array (LGA-775) socket specifically for the Intel? Pentium? several processor, and most importantly opinion, a Users Guide.
Next for the list was a processor chip. I chose the Intel? Pentium? several processor; 530J 3. 0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB inside 775 Land package. This super fast processor includes a heat sink and fanatic assembly which uses push pin technology place in. For memory I determined Rosewill抯 512 MB 184-pin DDR SDRAM DDR400 (PC3200), a number of times. For the storage device I chose Western Digital抯 WDC1600? 160 GHz 7200 RPM Serial ATA Harddrive. I chose a Mitsumi 1. forty-four MB 3. 5 Interior Floppy, a Rosewill BLU-RAY burner; model RD-162, along with Rosewill CD burner; style RR-52, (both retail). With the exception of the floppy, all about my components were retail price, IE, in original makes packaging, etc. Also at my list were two 80mm Sleeve, Blue HEADED light case cooling enthusiasts, a Sound Blaster Take up residence? sound card, an ATI Every In Wonder 9600? 8X graphics/TV minute card, a Dell? 17? Really Sharp flat panel display, wireless mouse and laptop, HP Photo Smart 7660? printing device, and Logitech Z 2300? speaker system.
As you can see I did my homework. Before signing up for this task, I didn抰 have a clue in regards to what a motherboard was, the fact that was a CPU抯 function, exactly what a hard disk was and what it was eventually for, what if any compatibility issues We encounter, and how doing this 搒tuff? worked together. So during the period of about three months I purchased everyone of these components. My very first mistake was which ordered the ASUS P4P800SE instead of the ASUS P5P800SE. The P4P800SE is just not compatible with the Intel P4 LGA-775 processor chip? So here was to be able to test the service a better standard of Newegg. com. I mailed them and explained my personal situation, and without reluctance they exchanged the motherboard plus didn抰 charge me your restocking fee or freight. They acted as if and when they had made the misstep. Needless to say, My spouse and i was VERY impressed.
Once each of the parts and components had been here, I laid the whole thing out, identified everything, and see the users guide that sported the motherboard from cover to fund. Now was the 搉uts and additionally bolts? time, the period to put this thing along. The motherboard came along with ten screws and ten felt washers that were used to attach the motherboard to case chassis. I placed the felt washers with the holes on the chassis and placed the motherboard in addition to the felt washers. Hence the felt washers were concerning the chassis and the motherboard. I then secured the motherboard with the chassis with the some screws. Next was using the CPU. I found out actual fast how sensitive some equipment this was. You'll find 775 tiny pins or connectors which can easily get bent, thereby make the CPU unbeneficial. This I considered essentially the most intimidating. However, I proclaimed a prayer, took a time, got the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT lined-up correctly, and proceeded through caution. Perfect match! Excellent fit! The sweating was first over.
I then installed the warmth sink and fan system onto the CPU along with the push pins, (push along and twist clockwise). I then plugged the CPU fan cable inside the connector on the motherboard tagged CPU_FAN. I then installed the Serial ATA hard drive into one of the internal bays. Then I applied the floppy disk commute. Next to install was the device memory. It抯 very important that you first 揼round? yourself as a result of touching the metal chassis before handling the Parallel Inline Memory Modules (DIMM). This motherboard comes by means of four DIMM sockets enabling the application of various configurations, based on the level of memory to be hooked up. I chose four 512MB DIMM themes, which kept it straight forward. I just unlocked all the DIMM sockets by pushing the retaining clips outward. Next I aligned the actual DIMM on the socket so the notch on the DIMM matched the break relating to the socket. By pushing along, I firmly inserted the DIMM before the retaining clips snapped back up place.
I then installed the actual DVD optical drive with the first bay, and the CD optical drive with the second bay. This precise case has flip right up doors which conceal all the optical drives. I then installed your network card into one of several five PCI slots and secured it to chassis with screws. Up coming I installed the ATI All of the In Wonder9600? graphics card in the Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) video slot machine. This motherboard only holds up a 1. 5v as well as 0. 8v AGP card and that is keyed to fit throughout the AGP card slot.
Up coming, was time to arranged the 搄umpers.? The jumpers are arranged to determine how an element of the computer will perform. For example, there抯 a three personal identification number keyboard power jumper which permits you to enable or disable the keyboard rouse feature. There抯 a jumper restrict that covers two belonging to the three pins to determine the jumpers function.
Next followed the fun part, the internal connections. I connected the FDD on the floppy disk connector considering the FDD signal cable. I then connected a power cable to FDD. Next I connected the serial ATA hard drive to one of both SATA connectors with an important serial ATA signal cable television, and then connected an electric cable to the hard disc drive. I then plugged with the CPU fan connectors, the serial (COM) port module cable on the serial port connector, a pair of USB 2. 0 slots, and game module. I then connected power cables with the two optical drives. Up coming I connected the ATX vitality connectors (24-pin EATXPWR, 4-pin ATX12v), the internal audio connector (4-pin CD AND DVD, AUX), front panel sound experience connector (10-1 pin FP-Audio), and as a final point, the system panel connection (20-1 pin Panel). The system panel connector is colouring coded so connecting it was subsequently fairly simple. I then replaced the device case cover, connected that monitor, the wireless receiver to the keyboard and mouse, your speakers, and the cord. I then plugged the cord proper wall outlet.
Now to the moment of truth! I pushed the energy button. Nothing happened! Zero lights on system mother board, no onboard LED lgt, no CPU fan maintaining! Nothing! Needless to tell you I was crushed. Doing this work for nothing. I started wondering what I can have done wrong, or was it some form of compatibility issue. I went back to the beginning and retraced nearly every one of my connections, and people were all correct. After about 1 hour of tracing and retracing this steps it hit others. There was no power stepping into the system! I then plugged at a lamp to test a outlet, and it performed fine.
After going over everything all the time I realized that might be, just maybe the noticed washers were somehow preventing an association. It was worth a go so I uninstalled all, and I mean the whole thing! I then took apart the motherboard, removed that felt washers, replaced that motherboard, so that it was eventually in direct contact using the case chassis, put the felt washers in addition to the motherboard, and then tightened the motherboard with the chassis with the some screws. I realized that this only instruction not with the users guide was an accurate placement of the was washers! I then reinstalled the whole thing. When I plugged the strength cord into the divider outlet the onboard CONTRIBUTED light came on! I pushed the energy button and she came appropriate. It worked!
Oh the correct way happy I was. I then went into the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) and additionally followed the steps to the many different parameters to control the operation of a computer. With the individuals guide, these were pretty easy set. Once I finished setting the several parameters I installed the os in this handset, Microsoft Windows XP? using service pack II. Seeing the ASUS logo with the Windows XP logo was the most gratifying parts of this whole ordeal. I is thrilled! My computer worked flawlessly the 1st time I used it, and possesses worked flawlessly every ever since.
I can watch TELEVISION programs, search the internet at very intense speeds (with cable modem), download songs and build a play list, create pic disk, and albums, hear AOL radio, watch video, watch DVD movies, participate in games, Call Of Need, The Big Red A? and print excellent portraits. This computer is stunning! Overall this was a truly intense learning experience. Once I was committed there were no turning back, because money had been spent. Mind you, I already owned a computer system made by a nicely respected manufacturer. I paid all-around $1, 100 for the complete system and possesses no where near the capabilities for the computer I just constructed. There is just absolutely no comparison. And I spent a tremendous amount less building my personally own, actually saved hundred about dollars. I priced major brand name computers with the power and capabilities for the one I just built and also the cheapest came to approximately $2, 200. Unbelievable! Just travels to show, anything is possible if you stay with it, and more importantly, should you have the Lord on you actually side? br />

Darryl Griffin
The fall of 2006
http: //www. thegadgetship. com
Back to top Go down
https://as07b41.forumotion.com

Developing A Computer Without Truly Trying.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS07B41 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: